DAVAO CITY -- The first Health of the Lumad Summit, with the theme “Sustainable Health and Research Engagement (SHARE) with the Lumads”, will be held here in Davao City on November 19-20, 2014 at the Brokenshire Resort and Convention Center in Madapo Hills. The summit is organized by the six Regional Health Research and Development Consortia (RHRDCs) in Mindanao led by RHRDC-XI, in cooperation with the Department of Science and Technology - Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (DOST-PCHRD) and the Philippine Institute of Traditional and Alternative Health Care (PITAHC).
According to the event’s organizers, the summit aims to provide avenues for sharing experiences in doing research among indigenous peoples (IPs), and to identify issues that affect the health of IPs. These discussions may form the basis for policy reviews and ethical guidelines in IP health research, which may then help create novel platforms for partnerships among IPs, research communities and other stakeholders.
Former Department of Health Secretary Dr. Jaime Galvez Tan will deliver the Keynote Address on the first day of summit. Other invited speakers include doctors, nurses, health workers, educators and anthropologists from different institutions across Mindanao. The summit hopes to bring together up to 300 participants coming from regional, provincial and municipal health offices, people’s organizations in IP communities, the academe, LGUs, CSOs, and other government agencies.
Andrea Malaya Ragragio
Asst. Professor, Department of Social Sciences
Universsity of the Philippines Mindanao
2015 MECO-TECO Joint Research Project Call for Proposals and Call for Participation to the Khwarizmi International Awards (KIA)
RHRDC XI would like to share the following Announcements:
- 2015 Manila Economic and Cultural Office- Taipei Economic Cultural Office (MECO-TECO) Joint Research Project Call for Proposals
- Project proposals to be submitted must fall under any of the following identified priority areas:
- Genomics, Nanotechnology and Biotechnology for Agriculture
- Omics for personalized medicines
- Volcano, Ocean, Typhoon and Earthquake
- Climate Change and Environment
- Use of Sensors toward Smart Cities
- Deadline: December 01, 2014
- Submission must be sent at International Technology Cooperation Unit (ITCU), Rm 301, DOST Building, Bicutan, Taguig City
- Forms may be downloaded at http://itcu.dost.gov.ph
- Call for Participation to the Khwarizmi International Awards (KIA)
- A prestigious international award to be held in Tehran, Iran on February 2015 recognizing outstanding researchers, innovators and inventors all over the world
- Deadline: November 10, 2014
- Online application: kindly visit http://www.khwarizmi.ir
Health Research and Development Information Network (HERDIN) database is the national health research repository of the Philippines.
The Philippine Health Research Registry (PHRR) is a publicly accessible database of all health researches and clinical trials being conducted in the country.
A system that geographically represents ovicidal indices of all public schools throughout the Philippines using the google map overlay.
Drug Discovery Research Database is a website for research project monitoring of basic sciences with the aim of finding drug candidates from the Philippines with potential therapeutic activity.