2015 MECO-TECO Joint Research Project Call for Proposals and Call for Participation to the Khwarizmi International Awards (KIA)
RHRDC XI would like to share the following Announcements:
- 2015 Manila Economic and Cultural Office- Taipei Economic Cultural Office (MECO-TECO) Joint Research Project Call for Proposals
- Project proposals to be submitted must fall under any of the following identified priority areas:
- Genomics, Nanotechnology and Biotechnology for Agriculture
- Omics for personalized medicines
- Volcano, Ocean, Typhoon and Earthquake
- Climate Change and Environment
- Use of Sensors toward Smart Cities
- Deadline: December 01, 2014
- Submission must be sent at International Technology Cooperation Unit (ITCU), Rm 301, DOST Building, Bicutan, Taguig City
- Forms may be downloaded at http://itcu.dost.gov.ph
- Call for Participation to the Khwarizmi International Awards (KIA)
- A prestigious international award to be held in Tehran, Iran on February 2015 recognizing outstanding researchers, innovators and inventors all over the world
- Deadline: November 10, 2014
- Online application: kindly visit http://www.khwarizmi.ir
In 2012, a Forum in Infectious Diseases was carried out wherein research partners and stakeholders from various medical fields were gathered to generate specific research topics on Dengue, HIV and Neonatal sepsis.
As an off-shoot of the abovementioned activity, the Infectious Diseases Technical Working Group of the Regional Health Research and Development Consortium XI (RHRDC XI) conducted the “Research Workshop on Infectious Diseases” last July 10, 2014 (Batch 1) and July 31, 2014 (Batch 2) at the DMSF-MTRC Audio Visual Room,2nd floor, DMSF Drive, Bajada, Davao City. The working titles and research topic derivatives generated during the forum were developed into proposals by the participants. A total of five proposals were developed and presented on the 1st batch and seven proposals on the 2nd batch.
The proposals developed were critiqued by distinguished clinicians namely Dr. Alvin S. Concha, Dr. Rojim J. Sorrosa (both from Southern Philippines Medical Center and Davao Regional Hospital) and Dr. Raul Martin A. Coching (Davao Doctors Hospital). Critiquing was done to enhance the proposals which are hoped to be funded under the Regional Research Fund (RRF) Initiative of Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (PCHRD).
Revised proposals shall be presented in September 2014 prior to its endorsement to the RHRDC XI Executive Management Committee.
Health Research and Development Information Network (HERDIN) database is the national health research repository of the Philippines.
The Philippine Health Research Registry (PHRR) is a publicly accessible database of all health researches and clinical trials being conducted in the country.
A system that geographically represents ovicidal indices of all public schools throughout the Philippines using the google map overlay.
Drug Discovery Research Database is a website for research project monitoring of basic sciences with the aim of finding drug candidates from the Philippines with potential therapeutic activity.