The Alberto G. Romualdez, Jr. Outstanding Health Research Award (AROHRA) encourages researchers to be sensitive to the scientific and technological requirements of the health delivery system and rewards those whose research have contributed significantly to addressing prevalent health issues.
The Award gives recognition to a research program or project that has demonstrated the link between research and practice through the utilization of research findings in the health delivery system. Given by the Department of Science and Technology- Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (DOST-PCHRD) in collaboration with the Department of Health (DOH), the award has two (2) categories: Biomedical Research and Health Services Research.
- What can be nominated
Any health research program or project may be considered for the Award. Work to be nominated may fall under any of two categories: Biomedical Research or Health Services Research.
For Biomedical Research, the program or project must be engaged in generating and/or adapting appropriate health technologies that address specific health problems and emphasize the development of diagnostic tools and techniques, biological (e.g. drugs, vaccines, functional foods, etc.), biomedical devices, and ICT-based healthcare technologies.
For Health Services Research, the program or project must be involved in the organization, administration, operation, utilization and other aspects of health services delivery systems that address the country’s social, political, cultural, and economic conditions.
- Who can nominate
Any institution; members of the consortium; scientific, technological and professional societies or associations; research institutes; universities and colleges; and individuals may nominate. Self-nomination is not allowed.
- Who can be nominated and what can be a nominated entry
The award is open to a completed research program or project done by Filipino researcher/s. The nominated entry must be done mainly in the Philippines.
For purposes of this Award, a research program refers to a group of interrelated or complementing research projects that require an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach to meet established goal/s within a specific time frame, while a research project refers to the basic unit in the investigation of specific research problems with predetermined objective/s to be accomplished within a specific time frame.
- How to nominate
Nominations should be made using the prescribed nomination form. Entries from both consortium member institutions and non-consortium member institutions must be submitted to and endorsed by the Chair of the consortium. Each nomination should include ALL of the following:
- Write-up on the impact of the project on health delivery, a contextualization of the problem that the project/program seeks to address and a description of the program/project, highlighting how the results were utilized, as well as the benefits derived from their utilization.
- One copy of each of the technical reports and/or publications of the completed projects leading to technology transfer and/or translation to a policy formulation or program intervention.
- Statement from the technology user(s) and program end-user.
- Schedule of Selection and Awarding
This Award is given every three (3) years.
- Where to send nominations: Nominations should be submitted to the Regional Health Research and Development XI Secretariat on or before February 21, 2020.
Address: Regional Health Research and Development XI c/o Department of Science and Technology XI, Corner Friendship and Dumanlas Roads, Davao City
The Award consists of a cash prize of P 500,000 and a trophy for winners of each category.
DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION:
February 21, 2020
Get the nomination form HERE