The Philippine-American Education Foundation (PAEF) is calling for applications to host Fulbright Specialists from the United States for the fiscal year 2020.
The Fulbright Specialist Program sends U.S. faculty and professionals to other countries to serve as expert consultants on curriculum, faculty development, institutional planning, and related subjects in academic institutions for two to six weeks. Fulbright Specialists are a diverse group of highly experienced, well-established faculty members and professionals who represent a wide variety of academic disciplines and professions.
The program allows Philippine universities, cultural centers, non-governmental organizations, and other institutions to develop collaborative projects which host a leading U.S. academic or professional at their institution to work on diverse, short-term collaborative projects focused on education and training. The Fulbright Specialist’s activities may include, among others:
- Delivering seminars/workshops/trainings;
- Consulting on faculty or workforce development;
- Developing academic or training curricula and materials;
- Lecturing at the graduate or undergraduate level;
- Engaging in strategic or institutional planning; and
- Conducting needs assessments or evaluations for a program/institution.
The host institutions are expected to shoulder accommodation/lodging, meals and in-country transportation of the Fulbright Specialist, either through monetary or in-kind contributions throughout the full stay in the Philippines. The Fulbright Commission may also cover these costs subject to the availability of funds.