The Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) of Taiwan and the Department of Science and Technology – Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) of the Philippines, through a joint cooperation, is pleased to announce the Call for Application to the MECO-TEO Sandwich Scholarship Program (SSP) for SY 2020.
The SSP is open to masters and doctoral students who would like to conduct their researches in a university or research institution in Taiwan. The priority research areas include (1) Natural Sciences, (2) Life Sciences, (3) Engineering and (4) Chemistry. The applicant is required to look for Taiwanese professor who will serve as his/her host/adviser, preferably one with an existing project being funded by the MOST. This is to facilitate the release of funding and assurance of financial support for the duration of the conduct of the research.
The applicant is required to submit the following documents:
- Accomplished MECO-TEC SSP Application;
- Proposed Host Institution and Adviser (Acceptance Letter);
- CV of Filipino and Taiwanese Host Professors;
- Certified Copy of Transcript of Records;
- Endorsement from two (2) Former Professors;
- Endorsement from Project Leader (for ASTHRDP/ERDT scholars);
- If employed, recommendation from President of the Agency; and
- Two (2) recent 2x2 ID picture.
MOST will grant a stipend of NT$20,000 for MS student and NS$30,000 for Ph.D. student per month while DOST will grant relocation assistance of Php 30,000.00, one roundtrip economy fare, and travel and accident insurance.
Deadline of submission is on January 15, 2020 and the Sandwich Program must start on June 2020.
For ASTHRDP and ERDT scholars, applications must be duly endorsed by the respective ASTHRDP/ERDT Project Leaders.