The 9th edition of the Global Young Scientists Summit is now open for nomination. The summit will be held on January 12 - 15, 2021 in Singapore and the Department will nominate 5 participants for this year's summit.
The Global Young Scientists Summit is an annual multi-disciplinary summit that brings together eminent scientific minds and young scientists to foster the exchange among scientists of different generations, cultures, and disciplines. The speakers for this summit were recipients from Nobel Prize, Fields Medal, Millennium Technology Prize, and Turing Award and other distinguished scientists.
The eligibility criteria and requirements are the following: Participants for GYSS 2021 will be recruited worldwide mostly among (1) undergraduate students, (2) master and doctoral students, and (3) young postdoctoral scientists.
The following standards and criteria have been defined for their selection. All nominated participants shall:
- Not be older than 35 years of age at the time of the Summit,
- Show a genuine interest in science and research,
- Show a strong commitment to their principal filed of studies and to interdisciplinary work,
- Received the endorsement of an organization that was invited to provided nominees OR receive strong support of their application by their head of department and/or by internationally renowned scientists through a letter of recommendation,
- Be fluent in English and capable of active participation in discussions,
- Not have participated in previous Global Young Scientists Summits, and
- Not yet have a permanent position (scientists with permanent positions, in particular on the professor level will in general not be admitted to the summit).
The organizers will provide accommodation for the participants, please take note that interested applicants will need to shoulder the travel arrangement and costs.
The Deadline for the submission of application is on 23 August 2020.
For further details, you may visit the past GYSS summit through this link https://www.nrf.gov.sg/home